SonicModell – F1 Wing
My finger was hovering over getting one of these for a while, it was delay in clicking the buy button because of the Mini Talon. But as that is a crazily long term build, I pulled the trigger and I’m so glad I did!
This is not the PNP, its the kit version which I have spec’d out with the following gear:
- NTN Propdrive V2 2836 (2217) 2300KV motor.
- RacerStar RS80A ESC.
- EMAX ES08MA II servos (would go for ES08MD II if building again) running at 6 Volts.
- Eachine TX5258 VTx (SmartAudio really helps keep the temps down).
- Foxeer Predator Mini camera.
- Crossfire Micro Rx.
- Matek F411-WING flight controller.
- Beitian BN-180 GPS module
Currently I’ve hit 139 MPH on 4S using a 6×6 prop. I got bored of keeping on just getting 139 MPH, so I decided to throw in a 6S pack, and melted the motor as it was accelerating through 150 MPH. After that, I replaced the 2300 KV motor with a same type 1800 KV motor and switched to an APC 6.5×6.5 plyon racing prop. The top speed again was 139 MPH. I am currently looking in to getting a stable 6S setup to see just how much speed this F1 Wing can get. The wings will be laminated on this one!
|Purchased||Jul 2018||Built||Aug 2018||Died/Sold||N/A|
|Status||Needs reassembly||Endurance||N/A||Top Speed||139 MPH|